Friday, July 5, 2013

America–Est. 1776

Happy belated 4th of July.

We actually celebrated a day late. My husbands family was finally all together to celebrate New Years. I know it doesn’t seem to make sense, but it involves the family cooking and eating special food together. 

IMG_9118

To make things even more confusing, I’m sharing the table I set for Memorial Day. 
Luckily, red , white and blue work perfectly for the entire summer.

IMG_9114

The tablecloth is Moda yardage from years ago that was in the fabric closet.

IMG_9115


The centerpiece floral is a silk arrangement that I picked up years ago in Dresden, Ohio: home of Longaberger baskets. I add the flags to make it more patriotic.

IMG_9107

The blue stemware is a recent purchase from Dollar Tree and the red based stemware is one on my antiques that I have had for eons. I love mixing vintage and dollar finds.

IMG_9107


IMG_9107

Red M&M’s are in take home containers rest inside Longaberger star dishes. The napkins were really chosen for Memorial Day…

IMG_9113

as the Marcus Bros fabric features logos from WWII.

IMG_9112

No matter what the occasion, we are blessed to live in the USA. Long may our flag wave.

IMG_9116

Stitch at You Soon,
Dawna

Partying with:
Between Naps on the Porch - Tablescape Thursday 
The Dedicated House - Make it Pretty Monday

4 comments:

  1. I love your tablecloth and napkins good for all our patriotic tablescapes. Very nice tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawna - Love the patriotic tablescape! Hugs, Holly
    http://coconutheadsurvivalguide.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawna, your tablescape is so festive! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House! Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very patriotic! love the tablecloth and all your little touches! Red M&Ms to take home! Flags in the flowers, so fun!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they brighten my day.