Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Acorns & Lilacs–A Fall Tablescape

Ah, fall is in the air. The crispness of the air, that beautiful blue sky,  the smell of pumpkin, spices and lilacs. Lilacs? It has cooled off since last week when I took these pictures, but there are still blooms on my bushes.

It’s amazing that I haven’t blogged for two weeks. I set a fun table for Halloween that I never got posted as I was busy setting up for Designer’s Showcase - a local fundraiser for Assistance League of Antelope Valley. Then I was out with the stomach flu. Somehow I just lost track of time, so I have a few things to post in the next couple of days.

IMG_5598

For the second year in a row my lilac bushes have given me fall blooms. So yes, my house smells of lilacs and cinnamon. So of course that meant a tablescape.

IMG_5646

Although I love this time of year, with a pink and green house it’s a little hard to pull too many fall colors into the décor. But I have a small collection of acorns and when mixed with white, brown & silver a crisp fallish look is achieved.

IMG_5735

IMG_5642

IMG_5642

When my friend Nancy came to teach at Bolts last month she brought me a lovely addition to my acorn collection, plus it had a squirrel - the salt & pepper shakers from Pottery Barn.

IMG_5636

The squirrel is a reference to the movie Up. There are way too many squirrels in our lives. If you haven’t seen the movie I highly recommend it for any age.

IMG_5613

I had one of the ivy covered creamers, but Nancy said I needed a second one when we say it. She was so right. In the background you can see

IMG_5652

the lovely white pumpkin with purple stem & leaf that my friend Anna gave me. Visit her blog Anna : The Artist Within for some great creative ideas.

IMG_5712

Also added this year were die-cut placemats and place card holders.

IMG_5621

The placemats almost disappear against the table.

IMG_5623IMG_5619



When I found these brown salad plates in the clearance aisle at Home Goods for $1 each, I figured why not. I never knew how much I would actually use and love them.

IMG_5626

May I add your name to the place card?

 IMG_5631

IMG_5632

After checking out the scene outside the window,

IMG_5688

Emma stopped by to say hello. She is not quite we need a new tablescape weekly. I’m sure she has discussed it with the GG and they both think I am a little nuts.

IMG_5697

The sideboard holds some of the other acorns.

IMG_5671

Including a place card holder in dark brown and

IMG_5677

my Longaberger Collector’s Club Acorn basket with sprig of  lilacs.

IMG_5673

Thanks for joining me for my Fall (with a hint of Spring) table.

Stitch at you Soon,
Dawna


Cast ;
Placemats – TJMaxx
Chargers – Ceriart – Home Goods
Plates - Christopher Stuart, Batalha White
Salad Plates – Deartis, Home Goods
Napkins – Purple Sateen – Homemade
Napkin Rings – Pier 1 – years ago

Flatware – Cambridge – Home Goods
Stemware – Pier 1
Candlesticks – Pottery Barn – years ago


Partying with:
A Stroll Thru Life - Table Top Tuesday
Between Naps on the Porch – Metamorphosis Monday

2 comments:

  1. morning Dawna,
    What a lovely table, and love the idea of the lilacs, the color goes well with the white and browns and loved your white and sliver acorns,
    with it too. Very unusual, but very beautiful.
    Have a nice Thanksgiving,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nellie, thanks for visiting and leaving such a lovely comment.
      Hugs, Dawna

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, they brighten my day.