Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ocean Minded

I’ve set up the sideboard in the dining room and the one in the front entry
way to continue my current ocean theme. This coordinates with my
Coastal Breezes table from a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_0611a

The dining room sideboard is one of my favorite places to decorate.

IMG_0621

A lighthouse bought years ago fits perfectly inside this years
Longaberger valentines basket wrought iron basket stand.
Place upside down the  bottom of the hearts kind of look like
waves lapping at the lighthouse  don’t they. As I have two m
ore lighthouses this size I almost wish I had  purchased
extra stands.

IMG_0624a

IMG_0615a

I found two of these at TJ Maxx months ago before I even
thought about decorating in an oceany (I know it’s not
 really a word, but it seems to work) theme.  One is in
front of an Italian platter the other matches the dishes
on the table. 

IMG_0617a

My Hutschenruether tureen from our wedding china is
filled with ocean scented potpourri.

IMG_0620

Using a mirror as a base reflects the base of this great 
candlestick found at Marshalls. When I brought it home I
decided that one  wasn’t enough, I needed a pair. When
went back they were on sale! Some were five  dollars and some
ten. I of course got the ones for five dollars. Except when I
unpacked  the bag at home  they were for tapers. So I had to go
back and pick up the ones for ten. And no, I didn’t return the
five dollar tapers, that would just be silly.

IMG_0614a

Another container filled with shell potpourri. There are
so many great choices of these this year. If you liked the
one on the Coastal Breezes table, I have seen a smaller
version at Bed, Bath & Beyond. 

IMG_0653

Emma, my beautiful Maine Coon supervised from the
stairs as I moved to take the pictures of the entryway sideboard.

IMG_0595

Front hallway with reflection of living room. It made me decide to
lighten up in there as well. Does anyone have any recommendations
for white sofa and chair slipcovers?

IMG_0596a

More lighthouses and a perfect sign for my frame of thought this summer.

IMG_0598a

IMG_0600a

IMG_0601

Another great shell potpourri.

IMG_0605a

Lantern from Longaberger (current item) with candle
and candle holder from Marshals.

IMG_0605

Close up of the candle and candlestick. I have seen
the candle with the coral in a coral color.

IMG_0599a

What is it about starfishes that seem so happy?

IMG_0603a

Thanks for visiting with Emma and I .

Stitch at you soon, Dawna


I am joining Susan at Tablescape Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they brighten my day.