Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Periwinkle & White By the Sea

I am in love. I know that all who are interested in fabric, in decorating or dishes and tablescapes understand this love. You see something and your heart skips a beat, the orchestra plays background music in your head and you cannot contain the smile from breaking out on your face.

Those that know me know that  I am a pink girl, but, periwinkle makes my heart sing. With pure white it is clean, fresh and sparkles like the reflection of sails on the ocean.

This is what got my heart racing today. Marcus Brothers Fabrics’ - By the Sea. Pure white background with multiple shades off periwinkle and blue. There are six stripes across the widths of fabric. It is printed in a double mirror image, so the stripe  has a  lot of movement. 

IMG_2603

A couple of close up shots.

IMG_2606


IMG_2614


The little seaweed stripe would be great as sashing.


IMG_2608

The periwinkle starfish as a background?


IMG_2604

Other pieces  pulled from the store to play with in designing a quilt.


IMG_2615


IMG_2618

IMG_2616


Of course, the stripe would also make a fabulous table runner with coordinating napkins of the white with periwinkle starfish. 

What  made your heart sing today?

Stitch at you soon,
                            
Dawna

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE this fabric...but then you knew I would!!
      As you know that periwinkle also makes my heart sing!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, they brighten my day.