Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Gift of Friendship

I was lucky, this morning’s weather was perfect for coffee in the backyard by the pool.  There was no wind!

IMG_3144a

As the store is closed for the weekend I had called my friend Lynn last night & invited her for coffee. As luck would have it her daughter Shannon was visiting so there would be three of us.

IMG_3137

I decided that since time in our busy lives is precious, coffee with friends is a gift. So instead of just making an almond crème loaf of bread, I dug out my Williams-Sonoma Gift Cakelet Pan. They came out of the pan as perfect little  presents.

IMG_3120


The color on the pottery is rich and vibrant . With a basket weave background on the base of the compote,

IMG_3147a

and as the background on the pitcher.

IMG_3175

I chose a vintage tablecloth that pulled the pink from my Longaberger Majolica pottery. I have the oval serving compote, a pitcher and four plates. Four? What was I thinking. I mean I know I only needed three for this morning, but why didn’t I get eight. As any dish fanatic collector knows four is ok, but if they come in sets of four - eight is much better.

IMG_3129

Pink cranberry water glasses, pink Longaberger Horizon of Hope mugs from a few years back (luckily I have three), and Portmeirion  Botanic Garden flatware just about finished the tablescape. All that was left was some flowers (silk) in the Grandma Bonnie Snapdragon basket and some luncheon napkins made for a Horizon of Hope benefit 10 years ago. I think I have about 60 of them.

IMG_3156

The gifts are ready with some brown sugar caramelized almond topping, blueberries and vanilla yogurt.

IMG_3120

Bon Appetit.

IMG_3164

Here’s a tip if your dish is too deep like mine was. I filled the bottom with some decorating marbles then some white decorating stones.

IMG_3172

IMG_3168

Cover with waxed paper. You now have a level surface to  place cakes surrounded with blueberries.

IMG_3124

For those in the states enjoy the last long weekend of the summer.

IMG_3141a

Thank you to all of my new friends in the blog world for the gift of inviting me into your homes, and also for joining me in mine.

Stitch at you soon,
                           
Dawna

Linking to 
The Tablescaper - Seasonal Sundays
Lavendar Garden Cottage - Cottage Style Linky Party
A Stroll Thru Life - Tabletop Tuesday

5 comments:

  1. Lovely cake. I love the table setting with the beautiful plate and napkin. It just pops....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful tablesetting and wow, the bread looks amazing. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the maojolica...who would have known Longaberger made such pretties?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they brighten my day.