Sunday, December 2, 2012

Studio Sunday #8– A Visit to French General

I am so excited! Last evening I finished the first of two quilt tops. The first one will be shipped to my friend Nancy this week after it is quilted by Vickie’s Quilt Studio. We visited her studio here. The binding is ready to attach so the quilt may wing its way on Wednesday.

We had put together kits a couple of years ago at Bolts and Nancy saw mine and decided she needed one as well. So we made a trade.

IMG_6505

IMG_6505

It’s a perfect quilt for me to make twice as I love to make flying geese units. I know many of you will think that was a mistype, so let me correct that I LOVE to make flying geese units. There are 280 total in the two quilt tops.

Pressing one of the rows.

IMG_6452

So one of the reason we love this quilt is that it is made from a Moda French General line, Luminere de Noel. Which brings us to our studio/store for today.

French General is owned by Kaari Meng and is located in Los Angeles. If you want to visit store hours are Monday from 11 am to 4 pm. Inside this adorable building are treasures to set your imagination racing.

IMG_4730

Bonjour – Good Day – is what you feel while in the store.

IMG_4751

There is fabric –from her lines with Moda,

IMG_4744

IMG_4734


to vintage pieces from her travels to France and coming soon a new home decor line with Fabricut. A quilt made with from the Pom Pom de Paris fabric line.

IMG_4741

The shelves on the left side of the store have many containers filled with beads for making jewelry. Kaari has sold some of her designs through Anthropologie. The lights are sitting on tables used for classes.

IMG_4740

Buttons, paper and ribbons for crafting.

IMG_4749

There were so many beautiful ribbons displayed on this post I was unable to choose just one. The next time I visit I am going with a project in mind.

IMG_4736

In the back corner is a lovely entertaining area.

IMG_4753

Kaari has Pellegrino, coffee, cookies and berries set for her customers guests.

IMG_4753

Kaari in front of some design boards at her check out counter.

IMG_4739

The front counter has more ribbons, and millinery supplies. There is so much to see.

IMG_4737

IMG_4737

IMG_4737

Thanks for visiting this inspirational location with me. For more information visit www.FrenchGeneral.com or Kaari's Blog.

IMG_4752
Stitch at you Soon, 
Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they brighten my day.